Bachelor of Information Systems
about the program
Information Systems Program Message:
Teach students the principles and practices of information systems, with an emphasis on the development and management of e-business applications. The Information Systems program also prepares students to create start-ups and pursue postgraduate studies in contemporary areas related to information technology such as data mining, big data, and business intelligence. The program provides an interactive learning environment and relies on a student-centered teaching approach, both in classrooms and laboratories. The Information Systems program inculcates Islamic and ethical values with a focus on self and community improvement.
Learning objectives of the information systems program
A few years after graduation, a graduate of the Information Systems program is expected to be able to:
● Professional competence: success as a professional in the field of information systems to develop solutions to business-related problems through the application of information systems principles and the use of modern information systems methodologies.
● Continuous Learning: Continue the lifelong learning process to improve their skills and competencies and maintain the latest knowledge in the field of information systems.
● Ethics and Values: Applying Islamic, ethical and professional behavior in the work environment related to business organizations and information systems.
● Research: Conduct impactful postgraduate research.
● Leadership and Management: Acting as an effective leader and team manager within institutions and organizations concerned with information systems.
Learning outcomes for the information systems program
Upon graduation from the Information Systems program, the student is expected to:
● An ability to apply computing and mathematical knowledge appropriate to the field
● Ability to analyze a problem, identifying and defining computing requirements appropriate to the solution
● An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
● The ability to work effectively in teams to achieve a common goal.
● Understanding of ethical, professional, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
● Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
● An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
● Recognition of the need for and ability to participate in continuing professional development
● An ability to use current technologies, skills, and tools to practice computing.
● Understand the processes that support the delivery and management of information systems within a specific application environment