About the program
Computer Science Program Message:
Preparing distinguished graduates in the field of computer science with a strong scientific background, high ability to compete, and personal skills within the framework of Islamic values and principles to obtain a career in the private and public sectors for the advancement and welfare of their local and international societies. In addition, this program helps the student to develop himself towards more professionalism and start postgraduate studies
Educational objectives of the computer science program:
A few years after graduation, a graduate of the Department of Computer Science is expected to be able to:
• Professional Competence: Providing effective computing solutions to the problems of the local and global community by utilizing computer science principles, theories and tools that he has mastered.
• Continuous learning: improving their practical knowledge and skills through a process of continuous self-learning.
• Research: enroll in a postgraduate program in the field of computer science locally or abroad.
Teamwork and Ethics: Contribute significantly to the development of society, committed to Islamic values and morals.
• Management and Communication Skills: Demonstrate effective management and communication skills both verbally and in writing in order to communicate knowledge in an easy manner to all persons to be dealt with.
Learning outcomes for the computer science program
Upon graduation from the computer science program, the student is expected to:
● An ability to apply computing and mathematical knowledge appropriate to the field
● Ability to analyze a problem, identifying and defining computing requirements appropriate to the solution
● An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
● The ability to work effectively in teams to achieve a common goal.
● Understanding of ethical, professional, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
● Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
● An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
● Recognition of the need for and ability to participate in continuing professional development
● An ability to use current technologies, skills, and tools to practice computing.
● An ability to apply mathematical foundations, principles of algorithms, and computational theory to the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates an understanding of how to make design choices
● The ability to design and apply development principles in building software systems of varying complexity.