His Royal Highness, Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud - may Allah preserve him - and the Prime Minister issued many initiatives to build a knowledge economy based on artificial intelligence and Big Data, which has a great impact on achieving the goals of development in accordance with the ambitious Kingdom Vision 2030.
In this regard, the President of the
Islamic University, Dr. Mohammed bin Saud bin Thunayan Al Saud - may God
protect him - issued an administrative decision on 6/29/1443 AH, No.
9144321428, which reorganizes the Decision Support Center to be a Center for
Decision Support and Data Management, which includes a group of administrative
and technical competencies that work on managing and governing data, setting
policies and polishing knowledge tools and technical solutions according to
international standards and high operational efficiency in cooperation with the
partners in the National Data Management Office in order to achieve many
- Supporting and strengthening the efforts of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to achieve its vision and national strategies.
- Spreading a culture of data sharing and collaboration to enhance and develop data, information and intellectual assets.
- Organizing the process of publishing, exchanging and using/reusing protected data and public information.
- Achieving integration between other government entities.
- Leveraging data analytic tools that enable leaders to prepare policies, implement plans, and prospect the future.
- Maintaining the privacy of personal data and the confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Maintaining the rights of individuals when dealing with personal data and public information with government entities.
- Enhancing the concept and practices of open data to improve transparency, encourage research and innovation, and drive economic growth.
- Enhancing transparency and establishing governance rules by distributing roles and responsibilities.
- Preserving national digital sovereignty for personal data.
- Raising the standards of social accountability of public entities.
- Supporting efforts to promote integrity and combat corruption by granting the right to access public information as a human right.
- Enabling investment and innovation in services based on personal data to enhance developmental and economic gains and competitiveness, contributing positively to raising the Kingdom's GDP.
- Raising the level of trust in services based on data.
- Enhancing services and digital interactions to achieve integration.
- Contributing to raising commercial and economic performance through transparency and equitable access to public information for enhancing competition and equalizing opportunities.
- Promoting research by encouraging researchers to make use of public information and elevating the role of development and regulatory role of society and its institutions.
- Providing equitable opportunities to information seekers, which contributes to enhancing equal citizenship and participation in public affairs awareness.
The use of data in this era is one of the most important features of management, as the process of collecting, analyzing, structuring, and classifying it is the first step to benefit from modern technologies such as artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, and machine learning, and also in creating a supportive information environment based on gauging performance indicators, which enables leaders to make decisions to maximize interest whilst reducing cost and improving sector outputs.